The Hospice Homecare Nurse plans to organize and direct the hospice home care services to support patients living with a life-limiting illness. The nurse is responsible for direct patient care by assessing needs while developing an individualized plan of action that maintains high levels of comfort and quality of life; in addition, they coordinate it using interdisciplinary teamwork efforts throughout every step!
Full-time Monday-Friday (40 hours) - 5 eight hour shifts and occasional back up on-call rotation
Full-time Benefited Position (32 hours per weekend) PLUS 4 hours of additional Baylor pay for working weekends
Saturday & Sunday 8a-12midnight (16 hours each day)
· Current NC license as a Registered Nurse and current American Heart Association CPR certification
· A minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience is strongly preferred
· Excellent nursing assessment and problem-solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
· Exceptional customer service required
· Sensitive to the needs of terminally ill patients and families and one’s own feelings about death and dying.
· Able to cope with emotional stress and be tolerant of individual lifestyles
· Computer proficiency with electronic medical records
· Share ours Values of Commitment to Patient/Families, Co-Workers, Professionalism, and Communication